The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
FOX Architects seeks a talented Senior Project Architect (PA) to join our award winning studio in downtown Washington, D.C. The main responsibility of the Senior PA is to make certain that the technical and design excellence of each project is properly delineated in the form of design and construction documents; and to work to realize this level of technical and design excellence in its built form with minimal supervision.
Serving as a leader and mentor, the Senior Project Architect must inspire, develop and refine the existing skills of studio personnel from the conceptual design phase through project completion, providing technical and design input, and monitoring the progress throughout the development of each project. This position will perform in conjunction with Directors and Principals to maintain project quality, ensure profitable project performance and client satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strive to attain the firm’s goal relative to design, technical and management excellence;
- Possess strong organizational and time management techniques;
- Organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently;
- Keep abreast of current developments, trends and practices within the design and construction industries, and disseminates the information to the staff and management;
- Manages the process of development, documentation and dissemination of the firm Revit standards and reference details;
- Maintains positive client contacts;
- In conjunction with the Project Principal and Project Manager, determine the project design review procedures to be conducted and ensure adherence to the by all team members;
- Participates with the Design/Project team to establish planning and design concepts pertaining to a project and ensure adherence to these concepts throughout the architectural process from concept to construction;
- Evolve and refine the design for a project; communicating the design direction to the junior members of a project team;
- Take primary responsibility for coordination of the design and documentation process with all of the consultants that make up the design team;
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of and adherence to the man-hours budgeted for each task and meet deadlines as defined in the Critical Path Schedule for each project;
- Understand the General Conditions, Scope of Services, Team Structure and Fee stipulated in the contract for each project in which he or she is involved;
- Organize, direct and lead a project Construction Documentation team and;
- Encourage personal and professional growth through mentoring junior staffs.
Education, Experience and Skills Qualifications:
- Architecture degree;
- Registered Architect licensed in the U.S.;
- 12+ years of progressive experience in Architecture with an emphasis on large scale corporate commercial office projects;
- Dedication to design excellence;
- Knowledge of construction methods and systems appropriate to the firm’s work;
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCad, Micorsoft Office Suite;
- Budgeting, scheduling and assembling capabilities (i.e. contracts, specifications and drawings);
- Strong presentation skills both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of current laws, codes and titles in relation to construction;
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team building skills and;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising the design / technical intent or relationship with fellow team members.
FOX Architects is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, martial status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation and any other legally protected status.